Senior frontend developer
As a dedicated frontend developer, I have a passion for creating captivating web experiences that blend visual storytelling, design and code. I thrive in collaborative environments, where I leverage my React, TypeScript, accessibility, and game development expertise to bring complex user interfaces to life, focusing on optimising performance and championing impactful storytelling.
Skills and knowledge
- CSS - Sass
- Node.js - Deno
- Bash - Shell
Tools & frameworks
- React - Preact
- Three.js - Pixi.js
- Git - Perforce
- Coherent Gameface
- Chrome DevTools
- Photoshop - Gimp
- Illustrator - Inkscape
- UX responsive design
- Performance analysis
- Media Optimisations
- Accessibility - WAI
- Rare - Sea of Thieve UI engineering
Delivered UI features for Sea of Thieves optimised UI workflows, and prototyped innovative designs for their next title.
- 6x9 - The Guardian's Virtual Reality WebGL website
In-browser 3D animation editor built for the WebGL version of the Guardian's 6x9 virtual reality experience.
- 6x9 - The Guardian's first Virtual Reality experience
6x9 is the Guardian's first virtual reality experience, which places you inside a US solitary confinement prison cell and tells the story of the psychological damage that can ensue from isolation.
- Milton Figma HTML Export Plugin
This open-source Figma plugin, Milton, gives designers the power to craft and export responsive HTML embeds for effortless integration into any CMS.
- Dynamic video wall showcase
A dynamic animating video wall displaying the latest content from the Telegraph's print and digital publications.
- Lottie animation integration tool
A web based Lottie preview and embedding tool
- 3D Tour de France Visualization
An innovative 3D WebGL project showcasing the Tour de France's Alpe D'Huez climb, merges satellite imagery with elevation data for an immersive experience
- Beat the Hustler - 360 VR Street Con
Beat the Hustler', a 360 VR experience that immerses you in the heart of a street con game. Explore the fusion of technology and storytelling in VR gaming
- Room 47 – A Unique IoT and Surveillance Experiment
Innovative project that look into the complexities of privacy in the internet age. Combining IoT technologies with a philosophical exploration of surveillance.
- Storytelling with Scroll-Triggered Techniques
Creation of a visual storytelling tool using scrolling to trigger image transitions and stacking text
- Real-Time Scottish Referendum worldDashboard
Development of a Node.js-based live dashboard for the Scottish referendum, enabling instant data updates and visualization with D3.js, directly from journalists' field inputs.
- Underworld VR - Subterranean London
An immersive virtual reality and interactive journey by The Guardian, revealing the secrets of London's historic sewers.
- Redesigning BBC Homepage - UI Engineering Insights
My role in the BBC homepage redesign, emphasizing accessible UI development, collaboration with UX designers, and adherence to W3C/WAI guidelines.
- Enhancing The Telegraph with Variable Fonts
Custom built browser tool to visually explore variable font settings on a live web page.
- Offline Travel PWA Prototype
Offline PWA prototype of the Telegraph's travel guides
- The Telegraph's podcast embed prototype
A custom built modern podcast audio player and embedding dashboard tool.
- The Telegraph's Matt comic email tool
Web tool for creating email newsletter images of Matt comics